childhood

Friday, December 09, 2005

THE INTERPRETER


Hi. My name is Shirley Chegwin Altamar, I live in Barranquilla, Atlantico in a town called El Poblado. One of my favorite movies of all times is called "The Interpreter", and I`m going to do a movie review about this movie. I saw it three months ago in the Buenavista Theatre, here in Barranquilla, Colombia. I went to saw it with my husband Juan Carlos, my sister Melissa, and Roberto, my sister`s boyfriend. This movie can be seen from teenagers until adults, its rated PG - 14 because of its complex content and thought-provoking drama. Eventhough I think that people from the age of twelve could see it, because of their interesting principle idea. The type of this movie is a drama/ thriller, because the viewer is exposed to many minutes of suspense and fear. Although I do not know exactly wich day was opened, I know the month, it was on June of this year. The Interpreter, was directed by Sidney Pollack who also directed Cold Mountain. At the same time, when he was directing them, he produced both.

At first in the movie, Silvia Broome (Nicole Kidman), who is an interpreter of the United Nations, overhears a plot of the assasination of a headmaster of Matabo, Africa, because she is the onlyone who knows the language of Ku (Matabo`s native language). In an instant, Silvia´s life is turned upside down when she hears: "The Teacher will never leave this room alive", she becomes a required objective of the killers. Then, she is placed under the protection of federal agents Tobin Keller (Sean Penn) and Dot Woods (Catherine Keener). They doubt about if Silvia is a witness or is she somehow connected to the African head of state. This is a movie that when the viewer sees it, is guessing and guessing of what could happen, as Kidman, Penn and Keener, race to stop a terrifying international crisis before it's too late.

Despite of the characters of Kidman and Penn, that are excellent and adorable, the moments of the movie story are slow and complicated, but it doesn´t really matters because of the dialogue film who is very appealing and attractive, maintaining the spectator in constant comunication with characters, plot, set, time, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home